Home > Seattle > Seattle Restaurants > Super Bueno Review
by Santorini Dave • Updated: September 17, 2019
- Ethan Stowell’s new kid-friendly Mexican restaurant.
- Great food, loud music, beer, margaritas, cocktails, indoor and outdoor seating, kids play area (upstairs).
- Highlights: Blackened Chicken Tacos, Cochinita Pibil Tacos, Carnitas Tacos, Pozole Rojo (traditional Mexican soup), Mom’s Taco (happy hour only), homemade salsas.
Super Bueno Restaurant Review
Kitchen and some of the indoor seating at Super Bueno restaurant.
- Location: 3627 Stone Way North in Fremont.
- Restaurant Hours: Monday-Thursday 4pm to 10pm • Friday 4pm to 11pm • Saturday 11am to 11pm • Sunday 11am to 10pm
- Cafe Hours: 7am to 4pm, everyday
- Reservations: Call or go to their website.
- Phone: 206.456.2666
- Website: superbuenoseattle.com
- Reviews: Yelp
- Recommendations: Ask for a side of chipotle mayo for all tacos (it only comes on the chicken taco). • Food is tasty, not spicy – ask for a side of diced jalapenos or their selection of hot sauces to add some zip.
- What I Don’t Like: There should be salt on the table (food is not salty enough to begin but having to ask for salt every time is a pain). • Bathrooms are too small (just two stalls in each gender, sorta weird).
The restaurant is large and indoor seating is divided between four areas.
Indoor seating and bar at Super Bueno.
Bar area at Super Bueno.
The kitchen is open and visible from the restaurant.
Watch the tacos being made.
Super Bueno Menu
(Click to enlarge.) Menu at Super Bueno.
(Click to enlarge.) Drink Menu.
(Click to enlarge.) Happy Hour Food Menu. Happy hour runs from 4pm to 6pm, 7 days a week.
(Click to enlarge.) Happy-hour drinks menu.
Beer menu – great selection and lots of good local beers.
Lots of good quality local draft beers.
Location of Super Bueno
Location of Super Bueno restaurant in Fremont.
Location of Super Bueno on Stone Way between 36th and 38th. Obviously, anyone that lives in Fremont or Wallingford and drives here is a bad person whose heart pumps diesel.
There are two outdoor seating areas at Super Bueno. This is one.
This is the other.
Food & Drinks
Delicious: Pozole Rojo – a traditional Mexican soup.
Tacos and beans. The beans are surprisingly delicious. Or at least for me. I’m not a big bean fan but these were great.
Mom’s Taco. Delicious and only available during happy hour.
Homemade chips, salsa, and “Super Guac”. All great.
Nachos and Salsa. Pretty good.
The chipotle mayo sauce comes on the blackened chicken tacos but you can get it on the side for all tacos. Awesome!
Churros and caramel sauce. Crunchy and tasty.
Mexican rice pudding. Very good.
Super Bueno Cafe
The cafe at Super Bueno. Open 7am to 4pm, everyday. Coffee drinks, snacks, and treats.
There’s also coffee and espresso served in the restaurant.
Kid & Family Play Area
The upstairs play area for kids.
There’s seating for about 24 in the upstairs kids’ play area.